Tuesday, September 4, 2007

MDA Telethon: 'till we fall asleep, there's a telethon

So I heard that the muppets were going to host a block of Jerry Lewis' MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) Telethon this year (though I didn't know what time they would be appearing), and I said "Hey! Telethons sound cool!"

So I decided to watch the whole 21 hour thing, or at least attempt to do such a thing.

Now let me tell you something: Jerry Lewis is old. Really old. So old, that I'm not sure he's competent enough to be on television anymore. He kept forgetting what he was doing and saying things that didn't really make sense. But it's okay, because Jerry cares, and he's the one who started it all.

I have been converted to an MDA supporter, and after all those hour of watching stories of little children who are losing their lives to Muscular Dystrophy, how could I not be?

Also, I'm in love with the MDA Youth Chairman Billy Gilman now, so supporting cause might help. He is a country singer though, but for Billy Gilman, I can bear it. I've never even heard of him before, I'm not much into the country circuit. But Oh! If you would have heard that boy sing on that telethon, you would have fallen in love with him too. And he's so charming! Oh how I love Billy Gilman.

He wasn't the only great act on either; some of my favorites were the guy who one America's got Talent, The people from Grease on Broadway, and the World's Fastest Balloon Animal Maker.

Now the thing is, I stayed up pretty late trying to watch that telethon, but the two hours the muppets were on, I happened to be asleep.

But, you know, it was worth it anyway...